Everybody else seems to be doing it!
1. Marmite- love or hate?
Well... I'm a vegetarian, and Marmite's an important ingredient in things like nut roast and veggie Lancashire hotpot.
2. Marmalade- thick cut or thin cut?
Rose's lime marmalade (which is thin cut)!
3. Porridge- made with milk or water?
I once caused at lot of embarrassment by refusing point-blank to eat porridge. (What sort of idiot would try to feed porridge to a visiting 5 year old?). I still haven't tried it.
4. Do you like salt, sugar or honey on your porridge?
E. None of these.
5. Loose tea or teabags?
I don't drink tea, mainly because I was my parents' teasmade.
They I used loose tea.
6. Where on your door is your letterbox?
Right at the bottom. The postman hates me!
7. What's your favourite curry?
A Thai red curry I've recently started making, with tofu, coconut milk and noodles.
8. What age is the place where you live?
Just over 100 years old.
9. Where do the folks running your local corner shop come from?
My local shop is a Tesco, and I think most of the people are locals.
10. Instant or fresh coffee?
11. How far are you from the sea?
About half an hour's drive from Southport.
12. Have you travelled via Eurostar?
No. But I've had a good look round St Pancras station.
13. If you were going to travel abroad, where's the nearest country to you?
Probably the Republic of Ireland, but I've never been there. Of the two countries I regularly visit, Poland is closer.
14. If you're female (or possible even some males) do you carry a handbag?
I don't have a handbag-handbag; my stuff just lies about and I put it in a suitable bag when I'm going out. I have an everyday backpack, a work backpack (padded, to carry a laptop), a smart black handbag, a huge red handbag, a little 'going out' bag made from coke cans...
15. Do you have a garden? What do you like growing?
I have two gardens, one at the front and one at the back. At the back I have pretty plants in containers, at the front I've inherited a fuchsia tree -- it's taller than I am, so I can't really call it a bush.
16. Full cream, semi skimmed or skimmed?
I don't drink cow's milk any more. I love soya milk but it doesn't seem to like me. I'm experimenting with almond milk at the moment.
17. Which London terminal would you travel into if going to the capital?
Euston. Every week. From Manchester.
18. Is there a local greasy spoon where you live?
There's a cafe in the Market Hall, but I've never been in it.
19. Do you keep Euros in the house?
No. I have Canadian dollars and Polish zloty.
20. Does your home town have a Latin, Gaelic or Welsh alternative name?
A latin name! And here's the documentary evidence, from a 17th century map in the John Rylands library (sorry about the big arrow):
I live in Lever Parva (Little Lever). I shop in 'Radcliff.' and Bolton, and bank in Farnworth.
21. Do you have a well known local artist or author?
22. Do you have a favourite Corrie character?
I haven't watched Corrie in years. I used to like Andy McDonald.
23. Are your kitchen sink taps separate or a mixer?
24. Do you have a favourite brand of blended tea?
25. What's in your attic if you have one?
I have a converted loft.
26. If you go out for a cream tea, what jam do you like on your scone?
27. Talking of scones- scon or scown? Jam or cream first?
In my native tongue (Mancunian) it's scown. When I went to university down south, I learned to say scon, and to use other more refined pronunciations, like buck instead of booook and cuck instead of cooook. I would put the jam on first.
28. Barth or bath?
29. Carstle or castle?
30. What flavour of crisps do you favour?
31. If you go to the chippie, what do you like with your chips?
Salt and vinegar. Then I add mayo when I get home.
32. Take away, take out or carry out?
33. If you have one, what colour is your wheelie bin?
I have four: grey for rubbish, green for garden and food waste, beige for cardboard and paper, and burgundy for glass and plastic. And if I don't line them up in that order, I put the wrong things in the wrong bin.
34. What colour skips does your local skip hire use?
I don't know!
35. Do you celebrate Guy Fawkes?
I love fireworks! I start working on my brother and sister-in-law a couple of months beforehand: "If I buy the fireworks and make the food, can we have fireworks in your garden?"
36. Dettol or TCP?
37. Do you have a bidet in the bathroom?
38. Do you prefer courgettes or aubergines?
I like both.
39. In the 'real world', do you have friends of other nationalities? Which nationalities?
I work with people from all over the world -- Canadian, American, Spanish, Italian, Greek, Polish, Estonian, Indian, Pakistani...
40. Do you have a holy book of any sort in the house?
Several bibles and a lot of ancient Egyptian sacred writings.
41. Do you prefer a hankie or tissues?
42. Are you a fan of crumpets? What do you like on them?
Yes, with butter, baked beans, and cheese. But I can't have them any more :-(
43. Doorbell, knocker or both?
44. Do you own a car? What sort?
Yes, a Vauxhall Astra.
45. What sort of pants do you guys prefer? Y fronts or boxers?
As a voyeur, I can appreciate both...
46. Anyone still a fan of suspenders?
My characters often wear them.
47. Do you have a favourite quote from the bard?
"That ever I should call thee castaway."
48. Do you like toasted muffins?
Yes. With butter, baked beans, and cheese, but...
49. Do you think a traditional trifle should contain jelly?
No. Swiss roll, fruit and sherry, real custard, and lightly whipped cream.
50. Do you attend regular religious worship? Of what kind?